International Association of Sufism
The International Association of Sufism (IAS), a California non-profit, humanitarian organization and a United Nations NGO/DPI, was founded in 1983 to create and provide a global forum for a continuing dialogue amongst Sufis, scholars, interfaith leaders, poets and artists from diverse cultures, nations and schools; to bring together Sufi principles and scientific understanding; and to promote equality and human rights.
The 2015 Annual Inspiration Dinner, this year honoring the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael is now open for registration.
The new book, Caravan, biographies of Sufism Symposia participants is available here.
2015 Symposium report Click here for a detailed report on the 2015 Annual Symposium.
IAS accomplishments and Programs
- IAS Symposia: 20 years and counting
- Annual Sufism Symposium
- United Nations NGO/DPI
- Sufism Journal
- Songs of the Soul Festival
- Building Bridges of Understanding Series
- Muslim non Muslim Dialogue
- Alchemy of Tranquility: 40 Days
Garden of Light Prayer Room Project
On Going Services and Classes
- Sufism 101 – Sufi Philosophy and Practice
- Meditation groups, Sufi book clubs and other events are on our calendar page