Continuing Education Credit
40 Days Alchemy of Tranquility Annual Retreat 2023:
“Love and Destiny”
**This course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for
LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Friday evening, January 27th until Sunday afternoon, January 29th, 2023
What You Will Learn
- an overview of a model of human development and spiritual transformation based on the teachings of tasawouf (Sufism) and its relationship to the evolution of the universe
- psychological preparation for spiritual transformation
- an understanding of the tasawouf (Sufi) principles of “Love” and “Destiny”
- an overview of an approach to psychotherapy that is grounded in heart-centered practice of the tasawouf (Sufi) principle of “Love”
- a psychological understanding of the implications of the tasawouf (Sufi) principle of “Love” for human “Destiny”
- practices to access connection with the spiritual principle of “Love” within one’s own being
Schedule of Topics and Credits
CE Learning Objectives
As a result of attending this retreat participants will be able to:
- identify three key elements of moving toward greater centering in the heart;
- demonstrate three practices for moving toward greater centering in the heart;
- name two ways in which the tasawouf (Sufi) principles of Love and Destiny are reflected in scientific understanding;
- discuss two ways that the tasawouf (Sufi) principle of Love transcends psychological understanding of the role of love in human development;
- describe two three ways that focusing awareness in the heart can remove impediments to realizing full human potential in the tasawouf (Sufi) principle of Destiny;
- identify three aspects of how trust develops within the experience of self, according to tasawouf (Sufism);
- name three examples of the embeddedness of human being in the evolution of the universe as an expression of the tasawouf (Sufi) principle of Destiny.
For presenters’ bios go to: https://ias.org/40-days/
* To obtain CE credits, participants must attend the full event, sign in and out, and complete a program evaluation. Certificates will be awarded in person at the completion of the weekend.
** International Association of Sufism/40 Days: Alchemy of Tranquility Program is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LCSWs, LMFTs, and LEPs, Provider number: 95354. IAS/40 Days maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Continuing Education grievances and request for refunds, disability accommodations, copies of Continuing Education Credit certificates or other records should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For our policies pertaining to these matters, please go to the policies page.