Institute for Sufi Psychology
The Sufism and Psychology Forum (SPF) was created to explore the relationship between the study of Sufism and of psychology. Members from around the world are working to bring together the application of Sufi principles and practices and the study of psychology through research, translation, and discussion.
SPF has been successful in opening and maintaining an international dialogue among spiritual practitioners who work in the field of psychology, and in facilitating the integration of Sufi principles into the practice of psychology. Through the efforts of its members and the support of the International Association of Sufism, the SPF has made great strides since its inception in 1996 toward meeting its founding goals.
Goals of the Sufism and Psychology Forum are to:
- conduct research in the field of Sufi psychology
- expand the SPF research library
- present Sufi psychology at academic and professional conferences
- sponsor seminars and lectures presented by spiritually oriented psychologists and therapists
- publish an annual newsletter
- publish books on Sufi Psychology;
- provide a web site bulletin board for exchanging short articles and other information of interest related to both Sufism and psychology
The Sufism and Psychology Forum is a department of International Association of Sufism (IAS) and is not affiliated with any one Sufi school or order.